Thursday, August 14, 2014

NO HAY LUZ

Hey My beautiful family =) HAHA jk. So it's been a really good week! Did I tell you guys about Marta? The lady who walked up to us and asked what exactly we did? I think I did. But anyways she attended church! And she said she loved every second of it! She even shared her testimony. She said she knows this church is true. She shared a story in church that I thought was so cool. So one day she was praying and was asking Our Heavenly Father which church was true. And if the Libro De Mormon was true as well. She said the second she opened her eyes she heard two voices outside. "BUENAS!!" Elder Chapeton and I. She said I know God answered my prayer that this church is true. Seriously how cool is that story. She shared it with us for the first time on Sunday and I was blown away. The spirit was crazy strong too. It's moments like this that makes me so proud to be apart of this church and share this gospel with the world. I know with all my heart this church is true. So this week we were teaching a less active member who hasn't been to church in forever. He said he doesn't believe in God because he's had so many problems in his life. I shared with him some very deep stories that I've had in my life. I talked about Dad, Laurie, Rick, Grandma and Grandpa and Chandler. I explained that I don't know why things happen. I don't know why God took my dad when I was so young. He was my best friend. I don't know why this life can be so hard at times. But I do know that God loves you more than you will ever know. And he would never give you a challenge that you can't overcome. The spirit was so strong and everyone in the room had tears in their eyes. Well anyways the next Sunday he attended church! He was so happy! He's praying again and said he's going to try to change his life back to the gospel. A great experience!

Ok well the title of this is No Hay Luz because every night this week Honduras cut the power in our area to save energy. They don't have any energy because they sell energy to the rest of Central America. And we can't work when there's no power. So everyday this week we've had to be in our house at 7. I hate it. I want to go to work so bad but we can't. But it's for the good because yesterday someone was killed really close to our house about 15 minutes after the power was cut. And the rumor is the water is going to be cut too any day now. If that happens I have no clue what we're going to do. We would all smell sooo bad hahaha. Ok well I love you all!!!
Keep it real back in the 801!

The missionary is going to be ok!!!! Yeah we have candles. I bought so many they cost 5 cents a piece. And they're big too! And yeah I have my flashlight! It's helped so much! And I can't go to bed early we have to wait til 10:30 which I don't understand why. And yeah I only drink bottled water I promise! The tap water smells like crap and has crap in it haha! It's in Pizza Hut! We had to go on a bus just to get there but it was all worth it just for the wings!! My spanish keeps on getting better too mom! I have not gotten the package, we get packages on Tuesday! So Maybe tomorrow! I'm about 30 minutes away from the mission home, I'm really close actually. I love you mom!!!

Love Elder Hess



Sure hope that's not where he lives :/ 


Pizza Hut chicken wings! He's so happy! Me too!


Missionary pinata!




No comments:

Post a Comment