Tuesday, June 16, 2015

MIRACLES

So as a missionary you teach and testify every day the power of the Priesthood. And the importance of Prophets and Apostles (Amos 3:7) So when I heard the news about Elder Perry it was really sad for me. One of the 12 apostles of the Savior had past away. I remember thinking while I was working that day "Why is nobody sad? How come no one knows about his passing?" But then a thought came into my mind and it just told me. "That is why you are here Elder Hess. To let the people know of the Power and Authority that we have in this Church." We are the only true Church on this earth and we are the only Church who has the power of God. It really does work miracles. I have seen so many miracles in my mission, it blows my mind. I'll give an example that just happened. The other day we had a lesson with a really awesome Family! They all want to be baptized. But they have to get married first for them to do it. And there is no way they can pay for it. So after the lesson it was time to have dinner 8'clock. As we were walking home an American yells "ELDERS." He ran up to us and told us he was from Utah! A member. He invited us to Dinner and of course we said yes, I was about to Die of hunger.. We talked about a lot of things. Like why he is here, what he is doing and little things like that. Then he asked about the investigators. I told him about the family who we just taught and he said I'll tell you what Elders. Get them a set Baptismal date and I'm going to pay for the wedding. He said don't tell them you are going to pay for the wedding until you know they are ready to be baptized, because he wanted it to be a True conversion process. I couldn't have agreed more. I was so happy I had tears running down my eyes. And then on the Spot, he gave us 500$ to pay for the wedding. So the next day we passed by their house again and they told us "Elders, were going to sell the house and move into a smaller one just to have the money to get married so we can be baptized." I could not believe it.... I told them the great news and they all started to cry. They could not believe it. They were so happy. All crying with HUGE smiles on their faces. There is going to be a lot of left over money so we are just going to donate it to the missionary fund here in the branch. God puts us all in the spots that we need to be in, in the right timing too. God is always making miracles happen and helping out his children. I love this church so much. I love our Father In Heaven. I know that he is always watching us. I love you all. Love Elder Hess



The moon has a ring around it every night here.. Cool


Mud houses (really nice ones)





This is how they make tortillas

No comments:

Post a Comment