Monday, April 11, 2016

GOOD WEEKEND

Well I had a great weekend this week. I love General Conference so much. I received answers to questions that I have been having for awhile now. Now I can just say that I feel at peace. I went into Conference with a prayer in my heart hoping that I would get an answer. And just like always I did. I know that our Prophet Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet of God. He is the only man on this earth that has the keys to all the powers of the Priesthood. I also know that the 12 Apostles have been called of God. I love our leaders in this Church, but more than anything I sustain them. They are all servants of God. I know that Jesus Christ directs his Church through his Prophets and Apostles. I testify that all of the men who talked to us during this last weekend are called of God. I love this Church so much. It is insane how a testimony can constantly grow in these things. Little by little we all can get closer to Our Father and His Son Jesus Christ if we follow the Savior. I know this Church is true, I don't have one doubt in my heart about it. I didn't bring my notes that I took in Conference but my favorite quote was this. "God knows ALL of the things that we don't want anyone else to know. Even so, he keeps on loving us with a prefect love." When I heard that it really hit me how much our Father in Heaven loves us. We are all imperfect people trying to live such a life that we´ll be in the presence of a Perfect God. "Life is not fair and I am thankful for that because if life were fair none of us would even be close to living with our Father and his Son."  Christ suffered for all of us. So much that he bled from every pore of his body. He made it all possible for all of us. That is why He is called the Savior. Christ has done his part. Now it is our turn. I Love my Savior, I know that He lives and that if we live life in his Gospel we will all be saved. We will see loved ones that have past on to the next life. But more importantly we will walk and live with The Creator of all things, with perfect peace and with perfect joy. This is the Church of Jesus Christ, He is at the head of this Gospel. God is the author and Director of the Plan of Salvation. We are all Children of a God who has all Power and all Knowledge. I love you guys. Remember to serve our savior as often as you can. It will put a smile on his face.
Just so everyone knows. My favorite part of conference was the end of the Saturday morning session. When the Mormon tabernacle choir sang Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. I had tears flowing down my face. When the Hymn was over I looked at everyone else and everyone was crying. It was one of the most powerful experiences of my life. Everyone go look it up when you have a chance.

Love Elder Hess








No comments:

Post a Comment