Sunday, May 4, 2014

AND HE'S OFF ...



Well,  my son, Elder Mitchell Hess is off on his mission!  We took him to the airport April 29th for a 4:45pm flight and if things go right, he will end up at the Guatemala City MTC in the morning on April 30th.  We have been so excited to see him leave on his mission but in the end it was very hard to see him walk through the airport security and down the terminal out of sight.  I knew that this is what he and I had always wanted for him to do but still my heart was aching.  I cried off and on all evening.  I was worried about how he was feeling and if he was going to be ok.  Finally I knelt down to express those worries to my Father in Heaven.  Within seconds of finishing my prayer the phone rang.  The caller ID was a strange one.  It was Mitch!  He said, "I just felt like I should give you a call and let you know that I am all right and that I am going to be ok.  I have met 3 others here all headed for the Guatemala MTC and it has been so great for me to be with these guys.  One Sister has permission to have a phone and lent it to me to give you a call.  I just felt like you needed to know that I will be ok."

It was a sweet little "tender mercy" sent to me by Heavenly Father.  It was so great to hear Mitch with such a positive outlook on what he was doing and that he was with others with the same goals, going through the same adventure.

In this blog I will be sharing some of his letters and experiences and the experiences and feelings of us, his family, while he is away serving the Lord.  I know that he will be a great blessing to the people of Honduras and I am happy to share him with them for these next two years.



No comments:

Post a Comment