Monday, May 18, 2015

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Well this week was great! I got to skype home for Mother's Day! It was fun to see everyone! Well today I don't have too much time.. but, I'll update you guys on the Baptism. Hermana Olga was baptized everyone!! WOOO!! And we did it in a River! It was so awesome! She was crying the whole time because she understood the step she was about to take in this whole process! And the coolest part was that the WHOLE Branch showed up! How cool is that! That might not be a huge amount of members here but the ones that we have are so active and love to help. All of the members in the branch have a goal to build an actual church. They need 95 active members for Salt Lake to come down and finally break soil to build it. It might not happen right now, but we are on our way for it to be done!:) Ok so on a funny- awkward note this Sunday I had to give a class on raising kids-_- Yeah. SO just so everyone knows I don't have kids and have never even babysat anyone OK. The people here in Honduras like to hit their kids when they do something that they don't like... So I read a little talk that said "hitting your kids is an abomination in the eyes of God" well when I read that everyone got so mad and said "HOW DO YOU KNOW, YOU DON'T HAVE KIDS! YOU HAVE TO HIT THEM TO RESPECT YOU!" Well I didn't know what to say so I just got destroyed for about 10 minutes until the Stake President showed up and took over and said I was right. It was awful. But I'm just happy that's over haha! Well I love you guys!!

Love Elder Hess


Baptism of Olga


The whole branch attended the baptism:)

No comments:

Post a Comment