Thursday, October 22, 2015

ELDER OLIVAS

This past week I had the opportunity to go on Divisions with an Elder named Elder Olivas. OH MAN did I have the best time of my life. He is such a good missionary. To start the day we had a lesson with a girl named Paola. It was the weirdest lesson ever because she actually read the whole pamphlet and took notes and read every scripture. HAHAHA that never ever happens! Every question we asked her she knew the answer and we were just sitting there like "UH.... You already know everything haha.¨ She actually is going to get baptized this upcoming Saturday!:) And I'm going to do the interview:) SO I am excited to see her and feel her testimony again. Ok so second lesson. We visited some less actives and it was one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever had. The Family that we were teaching said that they don't go to church anymore because they are sick of being made fun of and being spit on and having rocks thrown at them for being a member of this Church. Well I talked about Christ and how his life was never ever easy but he kept pushing until he finished his perfect life. But they didn't really relate to it. I was a little lost and I was thinking "What do they need, what is it that THEY need to hear." Well, Elder Olivas was up. This is what he said "Going to Church is like when somebody is really hungry. When we are Hungry we eat." He then went on to say "Personally when I am hungry I want a big Pizza. But to get my Pizza I have to get up and walk to the Pizza restaurant and sometimes it is pouring rain. But that does not change the fact that I am hungry and that I want my Pizza. So what do I do?? I walk to the restaurant and get drenched. When I arrive I sit down and Enjoy every second of the Pizza. I walk out with a smile on my face and a full stomach.¨ He went on to Explain that's how church is. How it's not easy. But in the end it is all worth it. And eventually the sun will always come out. OK so saying it in English sounds so weird so I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say haha! Well the family was in tears and they all said "you're right... I want The Lord in my life and nothing can or will take him out of my life.¨ Long story short they all went to church this Sunday with huge smiles on their faces with a very full spirit. Being from Utah we don't really get attacked for being a member of this church. But the people down here are worriers and don't let a little egg slow them down. SOY MORMON! It was such a strange example but it touched every one's heart. I could feel the spirit so strong during his whole example that he shared with us! Its been a great week! Lots of ups and downs with the Goozman Family.. But we are working through it. I'll just say they looked up a Prophet on the internet and read a lot of garbage.. But light will always overcome darkness. In fact I have a picture I want to send you guys. But I'll have to send it to you next week! I love you guys!

Love Elder Hess



The view


Elder Olivas


Waiting for the bus


Pday


The boys


No comments:

Post a Comment