Thursday, October 29, 2015

YE ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

Had a great week this week. To start off this Email I want to talk about a picture that I said I was going to post last week. Well this picture was taken in Copan. The picture is actually kind of famous in the mission! President Dester even asked for it. Well as you can see, the Lady in the picture looks so Happy. She actually had tears running down her face. Her name is Sister Sandra. She was an Atheist her whole life. Not only did she not believe in God. She hated people who did believe in God. Well we knocked on her door one day and we were very stubborn and would not leave her alone until she let us give her a lesson about Our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ. Well we all now know how it ended. She was converted and was baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ. The only Church the Christ Leads personally. Four months later Sister Sandra is now the Primary President in Copan. She actually called me the other day to let me know about her new calling. She said she loves it because she gets to teach the Gospel in a simple way. She actually said, "I teach the Gospel just like you taught me Elder Hess, in a simple but Powerful way." It made me so happy when she told me that! Alright so I'll go into the picture details now. Sister Sandra was in Darkness for about all of her life. She really was missing the light of Christ. In this picture right after her baptism she has "The light of Christ." Her face is glowing with his light. It's not photo shopped. It's real and it's my favorite mission picture. I love this Gospel. In the New Testament in the Book of Matthew, Chapter 5 versus 14 and 16 say "Ye are the light of the World. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." I know and I testify that Sister Sandra is part of that City on top of the Hill. This is the Church of Jesus Christ, it is the Church he established 2,000 years ago. A Prophet named Joseph Smith Restored this true Church though the Power of our Father and his Son Jesus Christ. I love this Church. But more than anything else. I love my Savior. I know he died for me and bled from every pore. Just for me. And he did the same for you. SHINE YOUR LIGHT. We are the city that is on top of the Hill. We have and know the truth. Share this truth with everyone you can. It will only make you happier. I love my mission. And I love my God for calling me to serve. WE ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.


Sister Sandra baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment