Monday, September 1, 2014

SPANISH


So This week I feel like my Spanish impoved so much. Without even realizing it I was talking to people and saying things that I didn't even know I knew. I was pretty excited. But I still have a lot of work to do with it. My Spanish in the lessons is pretty good. All the Gospel words I have down! But I've had those down for awhile. I'm just excited that I can have little conversations now with people. And when Chapetons not right by my side I'm not having a panic attack haha. I can't wait until I just have all of this down! It's going to make the mission so much better! Alright so this week was good and bad. Good because we have this investigator named Ramon. We've been teaching him for a while. My whole time since I've been here actually. He has been having missionaries over for over a year now. He knows the church is true but his problem is he's an alcoholic. He has been dealing with that now for 20 plus years. He would go to church sometimes but not all the time cause usually he was drinking. Well 4 weeks ago he stopped drinking. He got rid of all the alcohol in the house too. We were so happy when he told us all of this!! When we asked what made you want to change so suddenly he said. I was reading the Book of Mormon and this feeling came over me. I know that this book is true. And if this book is true Jose Smith was a prophet of God. And if Jose Smith is a Prophet of God La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dias is true. And since I know its true I want to change my life. He has a great testimony and is going to be baptized the following month! The only problem is he has a wife that lives Teguc and he wants to divorce her but she want let him. He is living with another women right now so that's the problem.. But he said his wife is finally going to let the divorce happen and then he can get married to his current girlfriend! We're hoping this all happens within a month! He said it's his number one priority in his life right now so he can finally be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost!! So that is the Highlight of the week. The bad part of this week is Marta. She knows the church is true and she wants to be Baptized! But.. Her "Husband" isn't really her husband. They have just been living with each other for 20 plus years. And he doesn't want to get married. No matter what he doesn't want to get married. He's a strong Catholic and wont take lessons from us too. So I'm not sure what we have to do with Marta. Marta even said she was thinking about leaving him so she could be baptized. But she doesn't want to do that cause it would be really hard on her daughter. Well that's the good and the bad of this week! The power is doing a little better and the water hasn't been cut yet so that's really good!

I love you guys. I know this church is true. And just like Ramon said. I know the Book of Mormon is true. And if the Book of Mormon is true then this church is true as well. I know it with all my heart. 

Love Elder Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment