Tuesday, September 1, 2015

LIGHT

Sup Chikis! This week was awesome! I learned so much. I want to update you guys real fast on the Family Goozman. So we had a lesson with them and my Comp asked them if they had a bible that we could use "to show that it's the same Bible.¨ Anyways they said ¨No.. but we have this one book that's like the Bible that we found years ago.¨ I was like.. OH boy its probably some crazy catholic church bible haha! But they brought out a Book of Mormon. It was like 40 years old. It looked nothing like the Books that we have now. I was going crazy. Before telling her that it was a BoM I asked her, have you read it. She said yes. I then asked, do you feel like it is the Word of God. She replied to me, Yes I do. It talks about Church a lot. We then told her it was the Book of Mormon and that it's the same book that we gave her 2 weeks ago. They already had a testimony of this Church and they didn't even know it. We then went on and talked about if the BoM is true, Jesus Christ is our Savior, and that Jose Smith was a Prophet of God. And if the Book of Mormon is True this Church La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dias is the only true church that is true over all the face of the earth. The whole family wants to get baptized!! We just have to get them married. Which we will get done in 3 months. Also this Sunday was insane.. So at 8:00 a bus for the church always passes by all the houses of our investigators and for the members because we live really far from the Church. Well the Bus never passed.. SO NOT ONE MEMBER OR INVESTIGATOR went to church this Sunday. Except Carlos. He went because we saw him riding his bike in the morning. Anyways we went to church on a different bus and my comp and I were both pretty upset-mad at the bus that never came. So when we got dropped off Elder Roldan told me ¨Satan Won Today.¨ I was thinking the same thing. But right after he said that Carlos said something that taught me a lesson that I will never forget. Carlos told us "Elders... I've been thinking a lot this past week.. And I want to get baptized.¨ When he said that, he got the chills, and told us ¨Look how I get when I talk about baptism.¨ I didn't even know what to say. Before in my head I was thinking that Satan won that day, Until Carlos told us that he wanted to get baptized. What I learned from that is that Light will always overcome darkness. God will always overcome Satan in all things that we do if we are obedient. I learned that even if everything is going wrong God knows what he is doing and it is part of a plan. A perfect plan. I know that God lives. I know that we are his children and that He Loves us and is always with us. I love this Church!! I love my Savior and I love my Father.



Service

No comments:

Post a Comment