Tuesday, July 1, 2014

SO HOT!

Hello brothers and sisters! What up with thee? Things are still blistering Hot here in San Pedro 0.o I don't think I'll ever get used to the Heat... Shout out to THE JAZZZZZ for getting Dante Exum. The future league MVP. Also to Brandon OmAKur for also serving in San Pedro haha that's kinda cool.

Alright so this week went really good with all of our investigators! All of them were keeping all of their commitments and progressing really well! Well Sunday rolled around and not one came to church. Elder Chapeton and I even went to their houses an hour before church and they said they were coming but when 9 o'clock came around none of them showed up. I was pretty upset. So after church we went back to all their houses and asked what happened. Well about 90% of them said ¨we were watching the Mexico game.¨ It turns out the people of Honduras freaking hate Mexico haha. They were all watching just to see if they lost. I didn't know what to say cause if I were them I would have done the same thing hahaha just kidding. But we ended up teaching them the blessings of going to church and it ended up being OK. Right now we have a 12 year old investigator who is the coolest little kid ever. It's weird cause his whole family is catholic but they don't care that Antonio has lessons from us, in their house. But oh well, after we convert Antonio we're going after the rest of the family. But the highlight of my week was two days ago. We were teaching this old man and his wife. Oh and PS I literally cant understand one thing old people say. I don't know why. Anyways after the lesson when we were saying goodbye the man grabbed my arm and said in ENGLISH. Thank you for that, I was shocked he spoke English! And I said ¨whoa you speak English blah blah¨ then I said for what because I didn't speak much. He told me ¨every single time I looked at you, you were smiling, and you were glowing like an angel and I could feel something different in my heart. I don't know why, but there is something special about you.¨ OK so I'm not sharing this story to brag or anything like that, but it was just really awesome to have him say that to me after not participating too much in the lesson. I just want to say that I know this church is true. And I now know that Christ lives. I love Him so much. Because of Him everything is possible. Everyday I give thanks to our Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunity to serve Him, even when times are rough. I love you all very much.
Love Elder HESS




This is Elder Marte. He is from the DR and knows Parker Morgan.


[Of course, pics of food]


"I'm really healthy, all the Latinos in our area are sick, including Elder Chapeton.
But not me! I told you my stomach was superman!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment